Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Waiting Game

The big guy at Canon called me on my cell today, and we had a 25 minute conversation! He told me he spoke with THE PRESIDENT of Canon (from Japan) about the ODD BRODSKY proposal. With the difference in cultures, he said it was hard for the President to understand the value of long-term, product integration. So I'm sending over the script and we'll see what happens. I knew all along that it would be a long shot, since they've never done this sort of thing before, AND I want to shoot at the end of May. Feeling disappointed for today. This could be more challenging than I had hoped. But hey, I'm the sort of person who creates the seemingly impossible. The difficult thing with this particular scenario, is that I'm not in a position where I can talk to the President myself... So I'm going to relax, and take today and the weekend to enjoy my time left in Portland.

I really think the smart thing to do now is to reconsider talking with the other camera company the product placement company suggested. I've thought long and hard about it. I love Canon, and they've been very good to me. And the truth is that I've also been very good to them. They got a huge return for very little investment with PURGATORY HOUSE. If they pass on this film, I DID give them the first crack at it!

No comments: