Saturday, February 2, 2008

Do Not Pass Go. Do Not Collect $200.

So the news is not so good. We drove to Vegas, and I didn't get the meeting with the big guy. At first I was sure it meant he was passing on the film. But a few people said that he really was very busy, and it was not any indication of anything larger. I hope it's true. I'm going to choose to believe it is.

In the meantime, I did get a meeting with an actual product placement company. That went well, in fact, almost too well. They think my idea about production integration of the video camera which appears in my movie is FANTASTIC, and they also have a relationship with a camera company. But I don't want to use another camera company! I mean, I'm a Canon gal. They've been so good to me, and I'm a loyal person (sometimes to my own detriment). Yet I need the money to make this movie. I didn't know what to do. So I did the only thing I could --went to Capriotti's, and ate the BEST SANDWICH EVER! OH MY GOD!! It's soooo good! I'm tellin' ya, we really should open a franchise here in LA.

So the big guy told me to call him the week after next. For now I'll concentrate on my production company and investor leads, and mark my calendar to follow up with him on 2/19th. By then the planets will be out of retrograde. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but my friend Robin (who's a certified astrologer) told me that if I drove all the way to Vegas, I was not going to get this Canon meeting. Well, she was right! I'm not sure what to make of it, but better safe than sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's right, because Mercury Retrograde wreaks havoc on all well-thought-out plans. Meetings go weird or dont go at all, and things break down, and all kinds of delays and annoyances. I dont know how much of it I actually take to heart, but I've heard and have experienced for myself that times like these aren't the best.

Just keep the faith, and it will all come together. :)