Thursday, February 28, 2008

Looking For My Ari Gold

Today I'm trying to figure out what agencies I might be a good match for as a director. I'm so good at pitching other people, but very shy about pitching myself! (This worked out very well for PURGATORY HOUSE!) My #1 rule of thumb with anything is business is that I never (well almost never) make initial contact with out a personal referral. So my goal for today is to figure out who I know that has a relationship with an agent who might be a good match for me! I also prefer making my first initial contact via email instead of telephone, so that busy people can read it when they have time. Also, I can list my accolades at the bottom. I think that before I actually make contact, though, I should cut together a directing reel (piece of cake!) and compile a kick-ass press kit. Now that's right up my alley.

No comments: