Sunday, January 27, 2008

Movies and TV That Make a Difference

Boy, what a busy industry-filled weekend. Today I was on the judging committee for the 2008 Prism Awards, which honor movies and TV shows that make a positive difference in the world, by accurately portraying addiction in the media. My categories were TV comedy and non-scripted, non-fiction. This years televised ceremony airs September 4th on FX. Tune in to see all the nominees and winners!

The above photo is from last April's Prism Award Ceremony at the Beverly Hills Hotel, where Maurice Benard received an award for his acting work on General Hospital portraying someone with Bipolar Disorder. (I'm a actually a big fan of General Hospital and have been watching since I was 8 years old!) Matt thinks I look like an awards statue myself in my gold dress... he he. Last year in addition to my 2 listed categories, I also judged "movies of the week" and PSA's. Good fun.

No comments: