Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $20,000.

I'm sorry to announce that we were not awarded the grant.  Thanks so much to everyone for your love and support and your vote!  Many of you are encouraging us to try one more time, since we came in second place.  Please understand that I just can't bring myself to commit to this right now and potentially go through what happened again.  Besides everything else, it's very time consuming. Reaching out to people, I put in more hours than working 2 full time jobs for all of June!  That being said: I've had 2 weeks to process this now. I realize that we really do need funding to start this nonprofit, before it can benefit anyone. So I'm trying to stay open. How about this: Let's wait.  Let's see how July goes.  If the SA people do not participate in the July competition, we may try again.  But no promises. Okay? 

From the bottom of my heart: thank you to every single person who championed this project.  I am so grateful for you all.  Cindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anytime, Cindy. :)