Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday and Blue

It's hard not to feel depressed with all that happened at the end of July through the middle of August. I've really tried to put these bad things out of my mind and move past my injuries, but it's not working. I hoped that time would heal my wounds, but sometimes only actions help. I don't understand why people are unkind. I know this sounds naive, but I always believed that human nature was innately good. It's funny: this statement makes is sound like I've had an easy life, but anyone who knows my history knows my life has been far from easy. I've created everything my life is today, myself. I think part of how I overcame my childhood was realizing that when I was an adult I would have the freedom to choose the people in my life. I pictured myself surrounded by loving, good, kind people who had integrity. And I'm so very grateful that those are exactly the people I have the privilege of sharing my life with today. The problem is that there's no way to completely avoid the others. The internet (with its anonymity) brings out the bad side of people. And so today I am still feeling very down. I hope the clouds life soon. I'm tired. My life story will make one hell-of-a book one day.

No comments: