Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday

The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays.   I am so grateful to be alive in this day and age, and living as a woman in the United States.  Sometimes I sit and think about how completely different my life would be had I simply been born in another country, or even at a different place in time. We are so very fortunate compared to many nations, and as a person who lives her life trying to make a positive difference in the world, I never take my freedoms for granted.   

So today, I'll put on my annual outfit (red, white and blue pants), go have an American BBQ with a group of good friends, wish my dear friend Larisa a happy 40th birthday (thanks Larisa for always supporting my dreams), remember my beautiful Grandmother Lillian (who was also born on this day, and to me defined the term "unconditional love") and enjoy a fourth without fireworks, in honor of all those who are suffering through the currently burning California blazes.  Happy Birthday USA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July to you too! :)