Saturday, May 10, 2008

Word To My Mother

Considering it's Mother's Day, this seemed fitting to write about, although it scares me to bring to the light. I've been thinking of finding my mother who I haven't seen in 20 years.    I located her about 10 years ago, but she came on very strongly, and I backed away.  

I've always prided myself as being someone who doesn't takes the easy road. --But I suddenly realized that in this situation, that's what I've done. Most people have family problems. And because I was the "victim", I felt justified to keep my distance.  And that's the easy road! 

I've been thinking a lot about my life; about the kind person I am, and about the kind of person want to be. When I am at the end of my days, I want to look back and feel like I was someone who was kind, loving and able to forgive...    


No comments: