Saturday, January 26, 2008

2008 ASC Awards

That's my favorite D.P. (hubby Matthew Irving) with our pal Diane Upson from Technicolor. We had a blast at this year's ASC (American Society of Cinematographers) Awards, and almost beat the rain, too! We made it there fine, but then I got caught in a down-pour returning from the ladies room. I ironed my hair straight for the event and feared the rain would add the curl back. I'm sure you'll be relieved to know, it remained straight. Life is good. (Reading my own writing I sound like such a girlie-girl. But I actually don't get made-up on a daily basis. So these sort of events are especially fun.)

Dinner was a surf and turf combo: strip steak and salmon with mashed potatoes and veggies, preceded by a lovely salad of roasted tomato, green beans and cream cheese. I'd give the salad an A and the main course a B. Desert was a chocolate brownie-cake with cream on top, and vanilla ice cream in a crunchy brown sugar shell.
And in case you can't wait until tomorrow, here's a sneak peak at this year's award winners.

The Recipients are...
International Award: Walter Lassally (TOM JONES)
ASC Career Achievement in Television: George Spiro Dibie ("Growing Pains", "Night Court", "Barney Miller")
ASC Presidents Award: Richard Edlund (vfx for STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK)
Motion Picture, Mini Series or TV Pilot: Ben Nott ("The Company")
Board of Governors: Annette Benning (actress)
Lifetime Achievement: Stephen H. Burum (THE OUTSIDERS, THE UNTOUCHABLES).
Theatrical Release: Robert Elswit (THERE WILL BE BLOOD)
The Laszlo Kovacs Heritage Award: Andrew Mark Davis (Chapman University) and Sean Michael Stiegemeier, (AFI)

And now, I bid you good night. I'm off to lay my sleepy head down and drift away to the soothing sound of rain.

Note: Photo #2 of Matt with Andrew Lesnie (LORD OF THE RINGS), and Photo #3 of us with Patti and Russell Carpenter (TITANIC) were taken at the 2006 ASC Awards.

No comments: