Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today is an historical day!

Today is history in the making. Matt and I woke up early and made it to the little school down the street at 7am. There was a small line, and all in all it took 47 minutes to cast our votes.  I've never seen people so happy to vote.  I have to say I'm feeling very moved.  By this time tomorrow we'll know who our new president is.  And if it's Barack Obama, it truly will be a new day.  No more racial divide.  People's wounds of the past can begin to heal, and we can all be one.  There is no red America, blue America, white American, black America. There is ONE America: The United States of America.  I have never cared about politics before this election.  I have never had the hope I have today. Here is a map of predictions courtesy of http://www2.hubdub.com/election_map





No comments: