Friday, April 4, 2008

Dabbling With Agents

Chris Wyatt and Shak (two producers whom I respect) thought I was at a place in my career where I should consider getting an agent. I haven't had much time to pursue this, but I did ask one of Matt's agents at Innovative if he knew anyone who'd be a good match for me. Well he sent the script for ODD BRODSKY to an agent friend and just heard back. The agent really liked the writing--said it a was very smooth read! Nice. He feels that scripts having a Hollywood theme are a tough sell. (Yeah, I knew about this taboo when we wrote it, but there are a lot of examples of successful films that take place in Hollywood too. Another rule is to avoid using flashbacks. PURGATORY HOUSE is filled with flashbacks and after it was competed, not one critic commented on the large number of flashbacks!) We're really flattered that he liked the writing!

No comments: