Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Act, Therefore I Am

I don't do a lot of auditioning these days, since I'm so focused on my producing/directing work, but today I'm reading for a lead in a Sci-Fi feature, and then later tonight I get to see the first cut of a film I acted in last October. It's a thriller called THE COMMUNE, which was written and directed by Lis Fies. I play Esmeralda, the fortune teller who gives the lead character Jenny (Chauntel Lewis) a glimpse into her future. It's just one scene, but it was long --4 pages! And the research was such fun! I went and had my tarot cards read. (I should look it up what she had said!) I can't wait to see the film for the first time tonight. What a fun day! Oh, but we can't forget to vote on such an historical day when a woman and an African American man are on the democratic ballot as potential Presidential nominees! We've sure come a long way!

No comments: