Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Creating a Morning Ritual

I think one of the hardest things about being self-employed is the discipline required to create an effective and balanced day. Having freedom can actually be paralyzing. My compulsion is to wake up in the morning and go directly to my computer (around 7am) to start my day and work right through dinner time (around 7pm). It truly is an effort to eat, bathe, exersize and take time for my spirit in the morning. Yet if I don't do these things in the morning, the day never makes time for them. Then I become resentful of doing the work I love! If I can discipline myself to take daily quality time by creating a morning routine or ritual, not only will my work become more enjoyable, but it will also be MORE productive! I just know it... Today I am committing to: 1) Creating a more reasonable Daily Routine. 2) Making the Master Plan for my 5 Current Projects (ah!)

No comments: