Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Easy to Make a Difference

As you know, I'm a big supporter of what American Express is doing to help make a positive difference in the world through the Member's Project.  I received a heartfelt plea from International Media Corps (below).  Considering what I went through with Ideablob, (and considering this is for 150 TIMES the prize money and impact) how could I say no to posting a blog?  I know first-hand what's it's like to work hundreds of hours in a grant contest and lose not on the merit of my project, but because someone else had a larger online community or extra support from a huge organization or company.  I love you Kiva and DonersChoose.org, but you already have my support.  Let's spread it around.  Who wants to save the lives of malnourished children? I do!
  
"Dear Cindy: I wanted to reach out to you because there are only 3 days left to help. My organization, International Medical Corps, is in the final 5 of the American Express Members Projects. "Saving the Lives of Malnourished Children" is eligible to receive up to $1.5 million to help feed hungry and malnourished children, but I really need your help to let everyone know to vote for us. We are currently in 4th place and are just a couple of hundred votes out of 3rd. The difference between 3rd and 4th place is $200k. Imagine how many children we could help with that amount?"  Okay --I'm spreading the word... Please Vote NOW.www.internationalmedicalcorps.smnr.us

No comments: